Monday, May 14, 2012

Just some info

Hey guys!! I finally gave in and made a blog like recommended. I'm going to try to update this as much as I can while I'm in Germany so everyone can know what's going on. :) So by now, most of you (if not all) know that I was selected along with 49 other students from the southeast United States to study abroad for one year in Germany!! The organization I'm going through is called Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX), but my regional organization is Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE). I will be living with a host family, who is yet to be determined, in a city/town/village, which is also yet to be determined. Hopefully I'll find out soon so I can let everyone know!

Well, obviously I'm really excited about spending a year abroad and cannot wait to leave!! I meet in Washington DC with the other students from my region on July 26 for our pre-departure orientation. We then fly out as a group on July 28!! Exciting!! :) My first 3 weeks there will be in basically, a language and culture "crash" course. Afterwards, I will attend the local school, or what they call a Gymnasium. I will be over there for a straight year, as the program does not allow us to fly home anytime during the year. I will return to the US sometime in June 2013, but the actual date still needs to be set by the German Bundestag.

There is still a lack of information so as soon as I learn anything new, I'll post it. :)
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them on my questions tab.


-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO PROUD of you, Rachel. I love seeing you happy and can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
    Know I will miss you much, and I love you dearly!!!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Annika, ich wünsche Dir eine gute Reise und ein großartiges Jahr.

    ReplyDelete