Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Night Before

So I am less than 24 hours away from leaving my family, friends, and everything I know to start out on a new adventure, a new chapter in my life. I'm sure this year will be full of many ups and downs (hopefully more ups than downs) and life changing experiences every day. I hope to gain not only a new understanding of the German culture and language, but new life long friends and a new perspective on life. Obviously, as my time here comes to an end, I have been reflecting on everything. A few things I've learned? 1) I'm absolutely going to miss everyone here. 2) I've been ready to leave, be on my own, and start adventures for myself and this just happens to be the perfect opportunity for that. And 3) I'm starting to freak myself out because I can't figure out why I'm not nervous yet. I guess it just hasn't hit me yet. That's what the plane ride's for.

One thing for sure is that I love this planet so many people and cultures call home and I'm ready to see more of it.


-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I have three words for you, Rachel: I love you!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    I am so excited for you! I was lucky enough to spend 2 weeks there 5 years ago with my boys when Pete was stationed there. What a beautiful country ripe with culture and adventures! We stayed in Stuttgart but travelled to Munich, Garmish, and Austria. Legoland was a highlight as was driving on the Autobahn. Neuschwanstein castle was also amazing. I am so happy you are blogging your experiences. I will be a loyal fan! I will also be there for your Mom, as I know she misses you :)
    Take care!
    Lisa Kasiski

    ReplyDelete